It looks a little silly, but I can assure you it felt GREAT!!!
MBA Public Governance
Returning from my tour in the USA, I was posted as Commander, Regional Military Command North in Assen, The Netherlands. One day my Personnel Officer walked in and asked the question “Isn’t this something for you?” and handed me a flyer of a newly developed Public Sector MBA at Nyenrode Business School in Breukelen, The Netherlands.
The flyer certainly triggered my curiosity and a few months later, I started my part-time MBA. A marvelous time! We had lectures every other week on a Monday, including the evening until 21.00 hrs, and Tuesday. The time in between was filled with individual and group assignments and certainly caused some stress ……
I was lucky to find myself in a very nice and cohesive group when it came to group assignments. Since the students came from all over the place, groups were formed on the basis of regional proximity. My group consisted of 6 students, all from the more eastern part of the Netherlands. They were:
· Karin Müter, who worked for one of the Dutch Water Management Agencies
· Beatrijs van Riessen, who worked for a Health Care Group
· Wilco Tiggelaven, a legal policy expert within one of the Dutch police districts
· Marcel Tijdhof, who was manager of one of the branches of the Netherlands Social Security Institute
· and Jan Hendriks, who was a personnel manager in one of the leading hospitals in the Netherlands.
All in all, we had lots of fun while at the same time producing sound results for the many taskers Nyenrode “awarded” us with. Thank you group!!!
A picture of the Nijenrode Castle in Breukelen
Copyright © All Rights Reserved